[wplug] How can WPLUG get Redhat to visit us?

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Wed Sep 18 11:27:40 EDT 2002

Sometime in September John S. Post assaulted keyboard and produced...

|This was from a Redhat Newsletter I received Friday.
|
|UNDER THE BRIM CONTEST 36: MAKE IT STOP
|
|Led Zeppelin did it. So did Dylan. Rolling Stones still do it and
|probably should have quit before Keith Richards started looking like
|that. Now it's our turn. Red Hat is taking the show on the road. Just
|imagine:
|Hardcore Red Hat engineers
|+  Large recreational vehicle
|+  Covenience-store diet of non-perishable cheese and pork products
|+  Infrequent personal hygiene resources
|---------------------
|=  Hello Cleveland! Rock and Roll!!

|Now, UTB Contest 36: We're looking for LUGs (Linux User Groups) or
|schools (universities preferred) to be featured stops on our tour. We'll
|bring with us computers running the latest Red Hat technology, goodies
|bearing our logo, and a nothing's-gonna-stop-us-now mentality honed from
|forced viewings of all 11 seasons of MTV's Road Rules.
|
|To enter, compose an email telling us where you are and why we should
|stop there, and then send it immediately to:
|
|feedback at redhat.com
|
|Subject line: MAKE IT STOP
|
|Prize: Of course, *first* prize is the Red Hat bus stopping at your LUG
|or school. But for this contest (and in case the most compelling entry
|is logistically impossible for us to reach by bus) second prize is a
|virtual visit, where we'll send you a care package that includes Red Hat
|t-shirts, CDs, caps, and other collectibles. All UTB readers worldwide
|are eligible and welcome to enter. But our bus isn't a boat.

this sounds pretty cool. perhaps we should discuss it on wplug-plan?

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh17 at pitt.edu        |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
  "International security is not a zero-sum game. Peace,
  security and freedom are not finite commodities - like l
  and, oil or gold - which one state can acquire at
  another's expense."
  United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan