[wplug] error compiling icesource

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 13:37:10 EDT 2002

Your /usr/bin/xml-config didn't point to your libxml
installation? That's probably not good. Did you
upgrade the package and leave a vendor-installed
package as well?

In my experience, mixing vendor-supplied libs and
self-compiled-and-installed is often a recipe for
system instability. Lots of people do it, and if you
know what you're doing and depending on the libraries
in question, it can be fairly harmless.

Still, in my experience its generally better to
upgrade stuff completely (i.e., replace or uninstall
the vendor -supplied version). Of course, on some
systems that may be a bigger PITA than the multiple
lib versions.

Dave