[wplug] error compiling icesource

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 17:42:00 EDT 2002

I'm assuming you had to run 'configure' prior to
'make'?

You should do './configure --help' and look for an
option like --with-libxml, then do './configure
--with-libxml=/your/path/to/libxml' instead of plain
'./configure'.

Most packages won't look for includes outside of
/usr/include unless you tell them to explicitly.

If icesource doesn't use autoconf (thus no 'configure'
step), you'll probably have to edit the makefile for
icesource and add a line like '
-I/usr/local/include/libxml2 ' to the appropriate
target section.

Editing the source files similiar to what you suggest
would work (though you'd need to do #include
"/path/to/blah", instead of the angle bracket form,
which is for relative paths from the include dirs),
but should be viewed as a last resort if you can't use
a more standard method.

Dave