[wplug] Linux worm

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at mac.com
Sun Sep 15 15:31:42 EDT 2002

On Saturday, September 14, 2002, at 06:20  PM, Hagbard Celine wrote:

>> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
>> linux.slapper.worm.html
>>
> Does this infect via an e-mail attachment, or through a script run by
> Apache?
> It appears to me that it is through e-mail, but I just wanted to make
> sure...
>
> Hagbard

The idea of of a virus being propagated through email used to be an
urban legend.  It took Microsoft to make it a fact.  If you're running
an email client other than Microsoft's client, than it's still pretty
much nonexistant.

Of course, never run code that you aren't sure is safe, no matter what
OS you're running.