[wplug]Anti-Spam

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Wed Sep 11 14:51:14 EDT 2002

Well actually here's my problem, I have this webpage where a user enters
the full email (w/ headers) into a textbox then submits the form.  The form
goes to a perl script that I want to parse the email and seperate the body
from the email.  After reading in the POST variables and putting the full
email into a variable called $email I try to seperate the body from the
email like so:

@email = split(/\r\n\s*\r\n/, $email);
$header = $email[0];

Now this is where I get stuck.  I want to be able to extracted the Received
headers (which can reside on multiple lines) and extract the IP address,
usually encased with brackets, then extract the time and date.  I know this
is not a Linux-specific question, but it is an open-source question.  I'll
also post to the perl newsgroup, but I just wanted to know if anyone on
this list dealt with this as well.

-Henry

--On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 2:23 PM -0400 Henry Umansky
<hmust2+ at pitt.edu> wrote:r