[wplug] Wireless cards II.

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Thu Sep 5 21:26:27 EDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Edward Walter wrote:

> Another alternative you might consider is using the WLAN-NG drivers at
> http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/  A lot of the wireless security

Hmmm.. I've not yet considered using those yet.

> testing packages that are available for linux depend on using these

I'm more worried about getting wireless support working first and
foremost.  I'll play around with the neat stuff later.

> drivers.  Also, I found it fairly easy to get WEP working with them.

Now there's a bonus.

> They're what I'm cuurently using on my laptop at home.  Also, have you
> considered throwing out WEP altogether and using FreeS/WAN or pptp

Quite a few times.  The only problem is a lack of time setting everything
up.  I can work on WEP in a few minutes time or even via SSH and Mozilla
from work but I can't really work on FreeS/WAN - if I screw up once then
I'm locked out until I get home, and then it's just a wasted day.

> instead?  Even without those, SSH can tunnel just about anything anyway.

I use SSH for just about everything, but not every guest does.

--
Encrypted private e-mail preferred.
public key: http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/gpg.key

"Take that smile off your face/wipe that tear from your eye/
	don't say you're sorry for me..."  --Gary Numan, _Stormtrooper In Drag_