[wplug] Zaurus Users

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 13:36:41 EDT 2002

--- "Weber, Larry A" <laweber at switch.com> wrote:
> I have heard stories that the battery life is pretty short on the Zaurus.
> What is your experience?

I've been using mine very heavily since I got it about a week or two ago.  In
general, I can go a day or two without recharging under normal use, although I
wouldn't really suggest it.  Generally I recharge daily (which isn't an issue
since I just dock it at my computer at work or home when I'm there).

Playing mp3s or mpeg files seems to drain the battery faster.  However, I don't
do that a lot with my Zaurus (yet), so I don't know how long the battery will
last.

I do know that wireless (801.11b) cards can drain your battery dry pretty
quick, but wireless cards to that to laptops too.  I tried it the other day and
within about an hour I had drained the batteries fairly well (but the battery
hadn't been at full charge to begin with).  I bet you could get a couple of
hours of wireless off a full battery.

My only real complaint so far about battery life is that the battery indicator
is pretty lame.  It's not really accurate from my experience.  Perhaps there's
a replacement application for it, I don't know.

jaaron