[wplug] wireless pain - wpc11

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 08:17:45 EDT 2002

I just installed debian on an aging thinkpad, and I went out and bought
myself a spiffy new wireless card for it- a Linksys WPC11.  I found a nice
howto online for it, followed the instructions as far as I can tell.
However, when I insert the card, I first get a happy pcmcia "I recognize
this card" beep, then the following message:
p80211knetdev_hard_start_xmit: Tx attempt prior to association, frame
dropped.

Can anyone help me to figure out why it's doing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bryon