[wplug] CBDTPA & TCPA (How safe is your computer?)

Sean Parsons sean.parsons at verizon.net
Wed Oct 23 20:47:25 EDT 2002

I have contacted both of our Pennsylvania senators over my concern
involving the Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act
(CBDTPA), Being pushed through by Senator Fritz (SC), and its
ramifications involving Trusted Computer Platform Alliance (TCPA). As
computer lovers and open source gurus we can not allow external forces
to wield control over us and our machines. These actions could
accomplish what Microsoft could not (the end of open source as we know
it). Here are two sites that I recommend you read if you are unfamiliar
with this situation:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/10/21/1449250.shtml?tid=19

As concerned citizens, I think we should all take the time to contact
our senators and let them know how we feel.

--
Sean Parsons
sean.parsons at verizon.net

"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals in the Enterprise
warp core with new Folger's Crystals... let's watch what happens."