[wplug] port scans

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Oct 23 16:54:13 EDT 2002

Sometime in October Henry Umansky assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Is there any tool for linux that will let me see what ports are open on my
| local machine??  Sort of like a portscanner, but only for the local machine.

try nmap.

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh17 at pitt.edu        |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
  "International security is not a zero-sum game. Peace,
  security and freedom are not finite commodities - like l
  and, oil or gold - which one state can acquire at
  another's expense."
  United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan