FW: [wplug] Database Tool

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Wed Oct 23 09:28:11 EDT 2002

Coutch, Robert wrote:
> I use pgaccess for PostgreSQL databases when doing table creation, data
> entry and queries.
> I also use StarOffice 5.2 and unix-ODBC to do queries and reports from my
> PostgreSQL datbases.
> I'm not sure what's out there for MySQL but I'm sure there must be a
> unix-ODBC driver for that also.

I'm evaluating mysql at the moment. Found plenty of tools for database
administration (user creation, table ceration/editing) but very little
in GUI, simple, form based, user interfaces for data entry, searches.

Someone at the suse list sent me a PDF document for connecting mysql
with staroffie/openoffice using unix-ODBC. It seems promissing, since I
can transfer data to the other office modules. If anyone wants the file,
mail me, since it is about 3MB.
--
      Rafael