[wplug] Second round of questions from newbie...

Rick Harris ftumph at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 10:16:44 EDT 2002

Hi Anna,

I personally think Mandrake is a good initial choice.
I switched my desktop over to Linux about 18 months
ago.  I wanted to get up and running quickly so I
could experience running Linux rather than experience
trying to install Linux :-)

It all depends on where your priorities are.

- Rick

--- Anna McCullough <amccullg at bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Well, that's just it - I won't be using it as a
> server, just as a desktop (I
> don't run a business, I just want to get my feet
> wet).
>
> I've never even SEEN a "live" Linux screen, so I
> have *zero* experience to fall
> back on as far as that goes. In that light I may be
> purchasing the Mandrake
> package to try out. I'd download these things but
> I'm on a 56k dial-up and
> reeeally don't wanna go for an 18-hour marathon :)
>
> Thanks!
> Anna McCullough

=====
Richard Harris