[wplug] Second round of questions from newbie...

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sat Oct 19 01:45:01 EDT 2002

MS> > Also, since I do a great deal of graphics work, how is TrueType, OTF, or Type 1
MS> > support in Linux? I've amassed a huge collection of type and would like it a LOT
MS> > if I could still use these in Linux...

truetype, type1, etc. are all supported in xfree86 4x.  they're modules in
your X config

GTK and QT (ala, GNOME and KDE) have anti-aliased fonts working, too.  I'm
pretty sure it depends on the new RENDER extension stuff...

however, fonts in XFree86 are a bit ambiguous (never was an X/11 forte)...do
you need some worknig example configs?

-lava