[wplug] backup issues

Mike Sussman sussmanm at math.pitt.edu
Tue Oct 15 21:08:37 EDT 2002

Shawn L. Djernes wrote:

>What is an affordable solution to back up these large drives  Current home
>server has 3 drives 2x15gb 1x60 and a 100 is on it way.

I bought a removable IDE drive setup (carrier plus mount) (you can get
them from about $25 to about $85) and I put a pretty big disk in it.  I
mount the disk, copy my backups to it, unmount it and keep it in a drawer.
It does not have to be a real fast disk, so it can be relatively cheap.  It
is more convenient and bigger than any tape drive I could find, not
to mention MUCH cheaper.
--
                       Mike Sussman
                       sussmanm at math.pitt.edu