[wplug] Second round of questions from newbie...

Anna McCullough amccullg at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 18 17:51:06 EDT 2002

Hi, it's Anna again...

I'd posted a few questions about a pending dual-boot install of Linux to my
system, which I've had to put on hold for a little bit due to a DTP project I
got saddled with. Didn't think it a good idea to be throwing a whole new OS in
the machine until I was sure I could spare the time to troubleshoot what needs
tinkered with :)

Anyway, I have a RedHat 7.2 disc set that came with the book, Osborne's Complete
Guide to Linux, 4th edition. Since I already have it I was thinking about
installing IT, but as a matter of research, who uses what distros around here?
Many of you, I've gathered (I lurk a lot), seem to have tried several versions.
Any pros/cons to Redhat vs. Suse vs. Mandrake?

Also, since I do a great deal of graphics work, how is TrueType, OTF, or Type 1
support in Linux? I've amassed a huge collection of type and would like it a LOT
if I could still use these in Linux...

Thanks for your patience, everybody!

Anna McCullough