[wplug] Packet Writing and Kernel Choices

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Oct 17 10:02:29 EDT 2002

Hello folks...

Still screwing around with this new burner...Everything seems to work
fine but now I'm getting into writing udf disks.  The other developer I
work with has a win2k box (everyone here has w2k 'cept me) with a burner
and directCD.

I want to share rw media between these 2 boxes.  Now I can read
everything he writes on his box, and he can read everything I write on
this box, but we cant currently both write to the same disk.  I found
the sourceforge project for linux udf but I'm a bit worried.  It doesnt
say explicitly that the kernel patch they have only works on 2.4.10 but
the site hints at it.  So I'm just curious if anyone else is playing
with this, and what their experiences might have been.

I am currently running rh7.3 with a win4lin kernel and I'm not entirely
sure I want to mess with the kernel blindly...

thanks

-bill