[wplug] Re: Red Hat 8.0 "features"

Sean Parsons sean.parsons at verizon.net
Wed Oct 16 14:40:00 EDT 2002

	I wanted to add my $0.02 to the discussion. Maybe I've just been lucky,
but I always just do upgrades without any problems. I'm currently
running the second beta of redhat 8.0, until I can finish downloading
the final release. My current box started with RH7.2-->upgraded to
RH7.3-->and upgraded to RH8.0(beta-2). Both upgrades warned me about
having third party packages installed (I have installed Ximian GNOME
along with many other packages) but everything went smoothly. This is
probably because all the software on my box was installed via rpm's.
Programs that were not available in such a format would cause me to
package my own rpm.

--
Sean Parsons
sean.parsons at verizon.net

"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals in the Enterprise
warp core with new Folger's Crystals... let's watch what happens."