[wplug] question regarding cd writing

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at mac.com
Tue Oct 15 22:36:10 EDT 2002

All I've had to do to use my cdrw drive is to put the appropriate
'append' entry in my lilo.conf:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-STD-current
   label=linux
   append="hdc=ide-scsi"
   read-only
   root=/dev/hda6

/dev/hdc was my cdrw.  I didn't have to put anything in to my
modules.conf, or compile a kernel with ide-scsi emulation built in.  I
can use this drive as a normal cdrom by using /dev/scd0 as the device.
(i.e. mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom).

Jonathan