[wplug] Red Hat 8.0 "features"

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Mon Oct 14 08:55:03 EDT 2002

I have just completed upgrading from Red Hat 7.3 to 8.0.  I did an update,
hoping that the system would remember my ethernet and serial port settings.
It did not, so I'll have to reconfigure them.

I use the KDE desktip and it appears that the upgrade has failed here too.
None of the Koffice icons are at the bottom of the screen.  All the icons on
the bottom of the screen, including terminal and desktop, are gears.
Clicking them give me an error window saying the application does not exist.

I conducted the ultimate test and started a solitare game.  Halfway through
games it shuts down the application.  And I thought RH 7.2 was buggy.

-laweber