[wplug] IBM Laptop

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Oct 10 13:39:12 EDT 2002

Sometime in October Henry Umansky assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Hello all,
| I'm about to purchase and IBM Thinkpad R32 and I wanted to install Linux on
| that machine.  I was just wondering if anyone knew of any hardware problems
| with that laptop??  Will everything work with it, especially the built-in
| modem and ethernet?  Also, I heard rumors of being able to decline the MS
| agreement when you first start your laptop, install Linux,  and you can get
| a refund of some kind.  It sounds bogus, but I just wanted to double-check.
|
| -Henry

here is a page that describes how to get a refund:
http://www.linuxmall.com/refund/

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh17 at pitt.edu        |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
  "International security is not a zero-sum game. Peace,
  security and freedom are not finite commodities - like l
  and, oil or gold - which one state can acquire at
  another's expense."
  United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan