[wplug] Setting kppp up for all users

Procario, Michael Michael.Procario at science.doe.gov
Mon Oct 7 14:04:42 EDT 2002

The family windows box was laid up for awhile until I could get Windows 98
reinstalled. My middle daughter took to using my Linux box for internet use.
I had to set up kppp for her by hand even though I had it set up already in
my account. Anybody know how to copy the kppp seetings to all of my users,
so I do not have to run through the setup procedure by hand?

A second kppp question. I have Redhat 7.3 and it requires a root password to
run. I thought I could set it suid root, but it is actually a link to
consolehelper which is using PAM to do the authentication. Is their a
correct way to get PAM to not require the root password on kppp. I would
rather have people have access to my modem than have my root pasword.

Mike