[wplug] [wplug-announce]Tutorial Next Weekend on C and Unix Programming

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sun Oct 6 16:36:11 EDT 2002

Next Saturday, October 12th, 2002, WPLUG will be hosting a tutorial session in
Carnegie Mellon University's Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507 from 10am until 2pm.

Topic: C and Unix Programming

Mark Dalrymple (markd at borkware.com) will present a subset of a unix
programming course he is in the process of building.  Included in the
tutorial will be an overview of C for programmers (so feel free to
come if you know Perl or Java, but not C) and building simple
command-line programs.  If there's time, we might delve into file
handling.  Bring a machine with a working C compiler and a text editor
you're comfortable with.  Printed course materials will be provided.

Maps are available on the WPLUG homepage.  There have been concerns recently
voiced that the room is hard to find.  This is something that is going to be
addressed soon, but until then the maps we have will have to do.  If they are
confusing or if you want further instruction, feel free to email me: zman
[at] wplug [dot] org.

See you there!
	-Zach