[wplug] i need SuSE i386 isos

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Sun Oct 6 16:26:33 EDT 2002

Nate Sharadin wrote:
> SuSE is not available for download because it is illegal to distribute
> copies of the ISOs for it. SuSE is one of the few commericial-only
> distributions of linux. You can download the "trial" CD which is basically
> just a cold boot of linux form the CD. Bear in mind, however that it will
> not even read your hard drives, let alone install to them.

You can install from the FTP site. That is what I meant in my email.
Once you boot with image from the directory I pointed out, you specify
the installation medium as the ftp site (you may have to specify the
text mode installation mode, I haven't done it that way in a long time.)
That way every package will then be downloaded and installed.

--
      Rafael