[wplug] i need SuSE i386 isos

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Sun Oct 6 08:56:26 EDT 2002

Nathan Powell wrote:
> Hi, i was wondering why can't i seem to find any i386 install isos for
> suse 7.2 - 8.0 on the net, i've even done a few searches and came up
> empty. I read that they discontinued the isos because of some odd
> reason. Grrr i just want to find a nice semi-spiffy looking linux distro
> and thought suse may have been just my ticket.... thanks for the help,

You can download boot.iso for a boot CD image or bootdisk and the
modules floppy images at:

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/8.0/disks

When you start installation, point to a FTP source and follow the
instructions to set up your network.

Older distributions are also available.

Of course, you can avoid the hasle (it'll take you hours to download)
and buy the distribution, SuSE 8.1 comes out tomorrow.

--
      Rafael