[wplug] Win4lin rh7.3 and lilo

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Fri Oct 4 16:22:35 EDT 2002

I've been evaluating some of you suggestions to my 'emulation' problem.
Wine seemed highly regarded but every thing I've attempted to run under
it seg faults.  So I decided to get an eval copy of win4lin and try it.
When the installer is about all the way thru with installing the updated
kernel it gets the following error:

mv: cannot unlink `/etc/lilo.conf': Operation not permitted
mv: cannot remove `/etc/lilo.conf': Operation not permitted

This error seems to cause the installer to back out such that I dont
even have a copy of the updated kernel.  But its these errors that worry
me more.  What on earth is happening that I cant rename this file.  i
just upgraded to 7.3 yesterday and I know this behavior didnt happen in
7.1.

thanks

-bill