[wplug] How to build a firewall/router?

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Oct 3 16:01:06 EDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Elwin Green wrote:
> 1) At boot, the 386 now generates an error msg I hadn't seen before: "No rom basic. System halted." Does this mean what I think it means, i.e., "This machine's ready for the scrap heap"? Or is it fixable (and would it be worth the trouble)?

I don't remember exactly what causes this, but it is something before the
OS is loaded. I seem to remember it was related to the lack of HD and/or
floppy drive. Similar to the current message "No operating system found"

> cp: unable to open (filepath): no such file or directory

You've possibly left out the most important clue. What file is it looking
for?

-james