[wplug] RedHat 8.0

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 15:18:25 EDT 2002

--- "Weber, Larry A" <laweber at switch.com> wrote:
> I see that Redhat has released their version 8.0 of Linux.  I guess it is a
> good sign that the download sites are jammed.  I was wondering if anyone has
> been able to download a set of iso's?  If so would there be any value to the
> members in making CD copies at the GUM?
>
> -laweber

I won't be around for the GUM unfortunately, but I would recommend Red Hat 8.0.
 I had been using the betas (limbo and null) for a while and just installed 8.0
yesterday.  It's very nice, especially for a desktop.  Gnome 2 shines
(anti-aliased fonts!) and the 'Bluecurve' theme is well done (although rather
cartoony or XP-ish).

jaaron