[wplug] loads of errors

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Mon Nov 25 13:41:30 EST 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:00:12AM -0500, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I just noticed this mind-boggling number on my DSL interface (ppp0).
>
> RX packets:34306 errors:36874 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>           TX packets:37216 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
>
> The error count is higher than the actual received packets? What's
> happening here?
>
> The connection seems to work fine... Any ideas?

I had something similar.  It was on a book pc with some type of
internal network card (I can look up details if needed) and the
default NIC driver was one that worked, but resulted in similar
bad packets.  I got a driver that was meant for the chipset (written
by the company) and that fixed it for me.

-- Rick