[wplug] OpenOffice Question

Mark Allen Adams, Jr. adamsma at washjeff.edu
Sat Nov 23 17:46:43 EST 2002

I'm using OpenOffice to compose most, if not all, of my documents; however, as
I am a poor college student without a printer, I often find myself converting
my documents to a certain nameless proprietary document format, in order to
make use of lab printers, which exist on a network with a certain nameless
proprietary office suite.  Now, the problem I've been noticing is that
OpenOffice's spell-checking feature operates somewhat differently with
dashes, so that two words with a dash between them are counted as spelling
errors, until a space is added before and/or after the dash, a convention
which I have always thought was wrong.  My question, then, is this:  can the
spell-checker in OpenOffice be configured to take words in the form "x—y" as
spelled correctly; if so, how?

--
Mark Allen Adams, Jr. (adamsma at washjeff.edu)
deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759