[wplug] Re: Firewall & NAT box

Mike Sussman msussman at na-net.ornl.gov
Sat Nov 23 12:38:26 EST 2002

Mike,

I have been using the Dachstein LEAF distribution as a firewall and NAT
box for several months, and the earlier Eigerstein distribution before that.
I was running on an old 486 box and am now running on a Pentium 60 with
32 MB RAM, no hard drive, 2 3com NICs.  It runs like a charm and I
have had no trouble with it connecting to adelphia.net.

There is a very active LEAF mailling list and it is extremely well supported
there.

The newest LEAF distribution is called Bering (they are named after
mountains) and uses the 2.4 kernel.

You should give them a try.