[wplug] publicfile

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Tue Nov 19 12:05:41 EST 2002

> X:> telnet 10.0.0.1 55555
> Trying 10.0.0.1...
> Connected to 10.0.0.1.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET

> X:> lynx 10.0.0.1:55555
> 404 file does not exist

Lynx will be using a different command (that is, a proper HTTP
request), so the server may treat it differently .

Try this:

% telnet 10.0.1.1 55555
(connected.  wheee)
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: 10.0.1.1:55555
(press return twice)

and see if it works, or gives you the 404.

++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "The best thing about having a baby is that you can pinch her cute,
   soft, chubby cheeks freely and without fear of reprisal. When I pinch
   Cordelia's cheeks and say "Oooooh! OOOOOHHHH!!! Chubbbbby cheeeeeeeks!
   CHUBBBBBBY CHEEEEEEEEKS!", she just looks sad. When I try to do the
   same thing to my wife, she sprains my wrist."
      -- Jeff Vogel