[wplug] tripping power supply

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Tue Nov 19 09:36:04 EST 2002

Michael Procario wrote:
> The power supply in my computer has tripped off twice today for no
> apparent reason. It also happened on Wednesday while my daughter was
> using it. I had to turn off and turn on the power supply using the
> switch mounted directly on the power supply before it would reboot.
>
> I have had trips when I have tipped the case while I tried to get to a
> connector, but in those cases it seemed to be obviously related to
> tipping the case.

If your computer powers off if you move it, then your connectors may be
loose. Make sure the power cable and the power connector to the mother
board are firmly attached. Test that moving the computer does not power
it off again.

If your connectors are loose, kicking the computer accidentally may
cause your problem. Also, make sure there is no garbage under the
motherboard.
--
      Rafael