[mike@procario.org: Re: [wplug] tripping power supply]

Michael Procario mike at procario.org
Mon Nov 18 00:51:12 EST 2002

I have gotten lots of suggestions. Thanks. It is a 300 watt supply. I
added a parallel port zip recently, but I would not expect that to
increase the current draw much. I have been running with one hard drive,
one CD-RW, on-board LAN, riser card modem, 256 MB. The external zip has
its own power supply.

I have been running all day since the last trip with the case open. I
guess it has been 10 hours since the last trip. I have not figured out to
check my tempertures yet. I am running Mandrake 8.2. I found some
Windows diagnostics on the motherboard driver CD but they did work when
I tried them in Windows 98.

Somebody suggested thermal cycling. I am assuming a better supply would
fix this.

Mike