[wplug] tripping power supply

Michael Procario procario at sndi.net
Sun Nov 17 15:48:27 EST 2002

The power supply in my computer has tripped off twice today for no
apparent reason. It also happened on Wednesday while my daughter was
using it. I had to turn off and turn on the power supply using the
switch mounted directly on the power supply before it would reboot.

I have had trips when I have tipped the case while I tried to get to a
connector, but in those cases it seemed to be obviously related to
tipping the case.

I have no problem with buying a new supply, but I want to make sure that
it will help. Does anyone know if there are there problems outside the
power supply that might cause this?

The computer is a computer show special so it might have a cheap power
supply. It is a VPower model VT-300ATX. The motherboard is an ECS K7s5a
with a 1.1 Ghz Athlon.

Mike