[wplug] Losing Time!

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Thu Nov 14 10:37:41 EST 2002

If you notice that the system clock is not accurate losing a number of
minutes each day, or not incrementing the time when the system is turned
off, then the problem might be the RTC(Real Time Clock) battery. The power
consumption by the CMOS RAM and the RTC is so low that usually it plays no
role in the lifetime of the batteries or accumulators. Instead, the life
expectancy is determined by the self-discharge time of the accumulator or
battery, and is about 3 years (or 10 years for lithium batteries). Also,
the quality of components these days is rather questionable sometimes.

--On Monday, November 11, 2002 7:10 PM -0500 Zach Paine <zman at wplug.org>
wrote:r