[wplug] computers for geeks

Edward C. Smith edward.smith at forum.com
Wed Nov 13 05:03:11 EST 2002

Could these be used for that Mexico Project that some members are participating in? What about having an Install fest where we install linux on a bunch of these and donate them to that?

Could be a good way to get some publicity too. I'm sure one of the local papers wouldn't mind doing a writeup on something like this. I've got a pickup and may be able to help haul them around.

-Ed

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:50:44 -0500 (EST)
Mark Sikora <mark at attbi.com> wrote:

> I have identified a source of computer for wplug to get.  We can have a
> large number of pentium 100-150 MHz machines with HD but not OS(wee) for
> the small price of nothing.  We need only work on picking them up.  I am
> wondering who has a need or a possible use for these machines.  We can
> even put linux on them and give them away.  They come with keyboard and
> mouse.  One thing is we need somewhere to put them until we can give them
> out.
> Is there a place that we can put them?
> Is ther someone who wants all or nearly all for a clustering
> project/experiment?
>
> Please let me know.
> Mark -<>-

Edward C. Smith