[wplug] Newbie question on graphical login

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Mon Nov 11 11:40:23 EST 2002

I'm confused....i thought the question was how to prevent the box from
booting into a graphical display?  The solutions I've seen have
addressed how to prevent X from running period.  On Red Hat, the
solution would actually be to run Xconfigurator and set it not to boot
into graphical mode.

I dont know much about Debian but I read that in 1999, Debian announced
its plans to release a Debian port of Xconfigurator and package it with
its distro.  If they followed thru on that, you should be able to run
that and solve your problem without having to disable X in any
particular level.

-b