[wplug] ssh and shell in Mac OS X

Evan DiBiase evand at wplug.org
Wed Nov 6 16:19:15 EST 2002

Paul,

Paul wrote:

>Can I manually put the user "lupey" into /etc/passwd? How else can I
>tell sshd to provide me with a bash shell at login?

If you want to change your shell, open up NetInfo Manager
(/Applications/Utilities/NetInfo Manager.app) and click on the lock in
the lower-left-hand corner to authenticate so you can make changes to
the NetInfo database.

Click on / -> users -> lupey. You should see a property of "shell".
Change this to the path to bash on your system, and you should be good
to go.

That said, this has nothing to do with Linux, so any discussion would
probably be best held off-list.

Evan