[wplug] Using Grub to boot windows in the second hard drive.

Mr. David Bersson frater-sphinx at excite.com
Mon Nov 4 00:02:07 EST 2002

> On Sunday, November 3, 2002, at 06:26 PM, Gonffen wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering if it is necessary to have a boot loader such as
> BRUG
> > Boot loader on a system for Windoze to be accessible on a system
> that
> > also has Linux.
-------------------
Hello,
Here's a question I've dealt with! You can put Windows on your second hard drive rather than the primary by entering the following in
/boot/grub/menu.lst  :

map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
boot

Noted that with this little script you're fooling Windows to thinking its booting into the first hard drive.

If you must have Windows on your computer, put it on the second harddrive using this method. Windows does not, in my opinion deserve to to be partners in partition with any Linux OS.

Sincerely,
David Bersson