[wplug] pppd and slackware

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Sun May 26 21:11:19 EDT 2002

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 12:55:27PM -0400, Brian Sammon wrote:
> What I usually do when I have problems with my PPP scripts is to run a
> "tail -f /var/log/debug" in one window/screen and then try to connect in
> another one.  You should see some lots of information about your connection
> attempt in the "tail -f /var/log/debug" window/screen as the connection
> attempt proceeds.

I'm aware of the syslogs.  In fact, that's how I know that it's not connecting
properly.  I guess what I'm really wondering is what sort of things could
be causing it to not finish the connect?  If I have other networking settings
(ie- a static IP assigned, or something like that) would they be causing
this problem?

jaaron