[wplug] cron.hourly problem

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Sun May 19 12:30:21 EDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002, James O'Kane wrote:

> But that is from a working system, it was someone else who was having a

I know.

> problem. I can't find it in a quick scan of the man pages, but I think for
> /etc/crontab it executes the command as the user in field 6. This is

Which version of the cron daemon?  I'm running dcron v2.3.3 on Leandra,
and this is the format of a valid job:

05 23 * * * /usr/local/bin/esdplay /home/drwho/sounds/pacman2.au

No username in there anywhere.

> different from user crontab files, usually stored in /var/spool/cron and
> editted with crontab(1).

I think we're running two different cron daemons, then...

--
Encrypted private e-mail preferred.
PGP and GnuPG keys: http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/pgp.key

		    "Lensmen eat Jedi for breakfast."