[wplug] Power Mac 5400/180

Keir Josephson kjoseph at stargate.net
Thu May 9 05:58:24 EDT 2002

I've tried them both on my Wall Street powerbook and their both a bit
slow. Yellow dog can be tweeked if you shutdown alot of the extra services
that come with the standard install. Also, I was using Gnome, so you may
be able to improve performance even more if you switch to windowmaker. I'm
still looking for a more suitable distro, though. Has anyone tried the
SUSE or Debian PPC offerings? What about PenguinPPC (i.e. LinuxPPC)?

-Keir