[wplug] nvidia geforce 2mx?

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sun Mar 31 15:03:41 EST 2002

I have an nVidia GeForce 2 GTS.  The MX is a slightly lower end model, and I
suspect that since the GeForce 3 is out the 2mx and 2gts should be closer in
price, but I could be wrong.  I've been very happy with the performance.
After I bought it though, I questioned whether I should have got an ATI
Radeon because it's driver is open source, whereas nvidia's are not.  Not so
much anymore, but I used to have problems with the nvidia driver locking X.
It seems that things have stabilized though.

	-Zach