[wplug] New cable router

Jeffry D. Woods jdwoods at attbi.com
Sun Mar 31 14:01:49 EST 2002

I am using a linksys 8 port cable/dsl router, and it works very well. I use the
linux box for dns for the internal network and caching otherwise, point at attbi
dns servers in /etc/resolv.conf, and let the linux box fetch every thing (very
quick). Running RH 7.2 with a couple of services, and do port forwarding from
the linksys router to the RH server instead of running a dmz, works great. You
could run the linksys route in a number of configurations, and each way works
well. Just set it up the way that works best for you according to the way you
want to configure it, and let it fly.

Jeff