[wplug] Enough RAM?

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Wed Mar 27 21:46:21 EST 2002

> Would a 266Mhz machine with 40Mb of RAM be enough for a firewall?

I have a 66Mhz 486 with 16 megs and no hard drive and it runs great.
I suppose the serious answer is "it depends on what you are wanting
to do with this firewall."

> Oh, how do I check to see if 'vfat' support is built into my kernel?

Try:
  ls /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/fs/vfat*

or
  find /lib/modules -type f -name 'vfat*'

and see if it comes back with a vfat.o

-- Rick