[wplug] Topic For Tutorial Session?

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:37:18 EST 2002

Here's a couple of suggestions for tutorials:

- shell programming / shell scripts (probably with bash)
- GTK or QT programming
- intro to various shells (sh, csh, bash, zsh, etc)
- newbie tutorial on the unix file structure, common config files, etc.
- troubleshooting tips and techniques ( like using tomsrtbt ... )

What about tutorial on common applications rather than on linux and the
operating system itself?  For example:

- vi or emacs tutorial
- apache
- different mail clients (didn't we have something like that before?)
- mysql

Programming languages could be intersting too (perl, python, ruby) or web
stuff (php, javascript, xml, slash, .etc).

How about something like the basics for building a small home or small
office network? or even just some tips.

I don't know if any of these ideas would work well for tutorials, but I
thought I'd brainstorm and share some thoughts.  I do a lot of java / XML
stuff, so I guess I'd able to do something on those topics (like JSP, JMS,
java servlets, the JBoss application server, etc.) sometime.  It's not
specifically linux related, but if there were interest for java on linux I
could help.

jaaron

email: jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/jaaronfarr