[wplug] [wplug-announce] Error: EXEC_BAD_PARENTS

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Sat Mar 9 00:54:04 EST 2002

As many of you know, Zach Paine and I were scheduled to lead a Debian
installation tutorial at the Install-Fest taking place today, March 9th.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will no longer be able to hold this
tutorial, because I have just been informed that I cannot make use of my car
in order to drive to the Install-Fest. Since I was also driving Zach, this
puts us both out of the running unless a solution presents itself
immediately, which seems unlikely.

I hope that all who had hoped to have a guided Debian install will accept my
deepest apologies, with the upside being that this presentation may be able
to be held at some other time.

If you were planning to install Debian at the Install-Fest today, please
don't let the lack of guided tutorial keep you back, however. There will be
plenty of knowledgable people around to help with the installation of many
different Linux distributions, and hopefully someone who knows Debian well
will be on hand.

Once again, I'd like to apologize both for this late notice and my absence
itself; ideally this would not have happened, but life tends (unfortunately)
to not follow an ideal path.

Here's to a great Install-Fest, despite this minor setback!

-Evan