[wplug] WPLUG Open Source Picnic ver 1.0 release date July 27

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 14:30:32 EDT 2002

Hello,

The first annual WPLUG summer event will be a picnic
on Saturday July 27th, time TBA. The location will
be the party room / patio of Hickory Hills rental
community which is just off of McKnight Road in the
North Hills. We would also have use of the adjacent
pool, swing set, volleyball net, and 1/2 basketball
court, providing that we share with the tenants.

This is where the Open Source part comes in...
The picnic will be just as great as the WPLUG
community makes it. I really don't want to charge
admission, but if everyone helps out a little bit
everything will turn out great.

Please sign up for one or more of these help
opportunities.

Food Stuff
* food for the grill, meat and bread and other fix-ins
* hot side dish type food
* cold side dish type food, salads and stuff
* chips and other junk food
* deserts
* utensils/cups/napkins
* pop, juice and other soft drinks
* ice and cooler

Stuff To Bring
* Tables and chairs (the patio does not have tables
and chairs available)
* board games
* basketball (there's a 1/2 court there)
* volleyball (there's a net there)
* if someone wants to haul out a TV and video game
system, we can have a video game tournament indoors

Do Stuff to Help Out
* set up crew
* clean up crew
* grill person
* car-poll fellow WPLUGers

Give Money
* donations accepted now up until the day of

Please pledge food/stuff/time/money by emailing
me, Beth Lynn, at bluekanary at yahoo.com
Also forward any questions/comments/suggestions
regarding the WPLUG Open Source Picnic to me.

Thanks!

Beth Lynn