[wplug] On samba and windows XP.

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Wed Jun 26 15:28:00 EDT 2002

Hello,

Since there's been some discussion on samba issues, here I have a problem:

I've set up a samba server on a suse box so some users using XP can
access the files in their linux accounts.

One goes and navigate the network neighborhood folders and end up with
the icon with the user's linux home dir. One double clicks on it and
asks for username and password. We enter the values and get an
perimission denied error.

The username and password had been setup in the samba server, so I'm
passing good values.

It has to do with user access, but the name of the user is there. Some
times it works, other times it doesn't. I know tt has worked before, and
we had been able to enter the user's directory. Every so many days, it
asks again for the password and I get this error.

Can somebody offer some pointers as to what I should be doing in the XP
box or the server to get this access working.

--
     Rafael