[wplug] Package Management

Brad Hoover b_hoovs at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 15:57:47 EDT 2002

Hello all,

In my very limited experience with linux, I have
always used RPMs for installing packages.  I know a
bunch of people who love DEBs, but have never tried
using that package management system myself.

Today I noticed on Slashdot, an article
(http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/06/16/123252&mode=thread&tid=106)
about the difficulties with RPMs for developers.  It
seems that atleast for the developer DEBs or some
other package system are better.  But how about the
end user?  What do you like and why?  Sadly, I am not
running a linux box now, but I'm curious, because when
I go back to linux, I am open to using a different
distro, if the package management is better.

Cheers,

Brad